Monday, March 20, 2006

Out With The Old...

We've been busy, but we're back. It's been almost a year since any real work's been done, and now we are able to resume. The time we took off from the project, gave us a little time to reflect on the movie itself. While we are confident in our abilities, we realized some of the assets we had created thus far, have been found wanting. What does this mean? We're practically starting from scratch. In fact, we re-imagined the opening scene (our introduction to Morty). But this is a good thing. We both want what's best for the movie, and are willing to scrap any hard work we've already put in, and start over with a fresh outlook and an invigorated vibe.

When I use words like "we" and "us" and "our", I really mean "me". Because virtually all of Joe's work still stands. It's really my model work that was lacking (as opposed to Joe's illustrative work). To see what I mean, click on the first thumbnail image below. It'll show you a side-by-side comparison of the old mesh I've been using for Morty, and the fresh, new & improved, maximum strength Morty I built just this last weekend. See the difference? So do we. And now that my modeling skills have improved to a satisfactory degree, we both think it's time to move on. There is also a new rendering of the new Morty head below. He's still virtually un-textured at this point, but I'll be doing all the model building first, then move on to texturing later. Anyway, this new model will allow me more control over his expressions when the time comes to animate him. I also have most of his body built, but I'll save that for another posting. Expect to see some real progress from this point on...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Looks pretty good. A much better model indeed ;)

    Keep it up,
    Rok

    ReplyDelete

let us know what you really think... it's okay to gush...