Monday, April 25, 2005

Morty Blows


I now have him partially rigged. Enough to do a mediocre test animation anyway. In this little test, he blinks a lot, moves his mouth randomly a lot, and lets out a blow in order to blow out a candle that isn't there yet. To be honest, I wouldn't have posted this had it not been over a week since my last content entry. But, I figured, it's fun to point and laugh at the animator as he painfully works out how he's going to make this guy move.

Over the next few weeks, I might try and do a couple more animation tests... try and narrow down his style... but in reality, I think we all need a break from Morty, and I might move on to other scenes within the film. There is a mountain of work to be done, and we've only just begun to chip away at it. I started with one of the more difficult scenes first, so I might move on to one of the more simpler parts: The Goldfish Scene.

We also want to get going on actual pre-visualization. With the Morty scene nearing completion (maybe 70-80% of the way there) we need to start working out the blocking and pacing of the film. This process is very important to the final result and should make for an efficient work-flow when it comes time to really start the animation process and locking down shots for final rendering.

We are trying to be as organized as possible in our approach, but sometimes it helps to break up the monotony and pull out the shotgun then start firing away to see if you hit anything. Not to mention, the shotgun can be fun. Once everyone's adrenalin is pumped back up, we'll move back to the sniper rifle, and start laying in the detail. But for now... lock and load.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing to watch this develop from your early sketches to this life-like octagenarian doing his thing. I'm so impressed, I can't even make fun of it this time.

    ReplyDelete

let us know what you really think... it's okay to gush...